Solar Installation Information
- Communication is key. We like to have open communication with the member and installer as early in the process as possible.
- Once a member has decided to install a system, please submit the following to Keith Jones at MCEC: Attachment A of Policy 211, one line electrical connection diagram, site layout drawing, and inverter and panel spec sheets.
- Please note we NO longer require a production meter to only meter the DGs generation.
- We require the member to have $1,000,000 of liability insurance, and require documentation of this insurance.
- Our interconnect fee is $250. If multiple trips are required, at the fault of the installer or member, there may be additional fees.
- Once the system is installed, please contact us to schedule an inspection. The system may not be in production until MCEC inspects the system.
- Part of the inspection on the day of commissioning may include the member’s existing meter base. Please note that MCEC will not approve a DG system if code violations are found in a meter base during the meter change. For example, multiple wires installed in one lug.
- After the system passes inspection Attachments B and C of Policy 211 will be completed and a final packet will be emailed to the member and installer (if requested by the member).
- We net meter our DG services and settle up monthly. Excess kWh are purchased at our avoided cost, currently $0.0363/kWh.